Went for lunch out today. There was this pianist playing in the restaurant, and I was about to go and ask him how much he earned per hour. Seriously. My mum said, "Oh, and when he asks you why you want to know how much he earns per hour, you can say that you're trying to snatch with him for his job." Well, in the end, I didn't ask, cos my dad said even if I asked him, he wasn't likely to tell me because of some job and/or business etiquette. In any case, the only reason why I wanted to ask him was because that is actually the job I would like to be in next time. I know that performers like that don't earn that much money, but I'm not exactly so concerned about the money part of it. If I couldn't cope, I could just work as a piano teacher as well. I know that I have told a lot of people about my aspired job next time, but I haven't told my parents yet. I have this slight feeling that they wouldn't be too entertained at the thought of it though. So, for the moment, no talk about that. Besides, they don't ask me what job I want to be in next time. Not now at any rate.
In the evening after my lesson my cousin said, "Oh, who's fetching us back home?" "Well, if no one's fetching, we shall arrange our own transport *grin*." The term 'own transport' here meant walking home. We tried that a fair number of times and got scolded for it too. In the end, the instructor told us to hop into his car *boing*! and I tried to close the car door while my cousin's leg was still stuck in it. Reminded me of the first lesson of our fellow trainees, Randall. My brother was trying to close the door, but it refused to close properly, so he thought, 'Eh? How come the door can't close?' So he used more force to try to close the door properly, but it refused to close. He was looking at the door hinges to see whether there was anything wrong with it when Randall said softly, "My finger..." and my bro finally realised that Randall's finger had been caught in the door hinge. And the boy didn't even cry out or anything. On questioned why he didn't say anything when his hand hurt, he replied, "I don't know..."
In the evening after my lesson my cousin said, "Oh, who's fetching us back home?" "Well, if no one's fetching, we shall arrange our own transport *grin*." The term 'own transport' here meant walking home. We tried that a fair number of times and got scolded for it too. In the end, the instructor told us to hop into his car *boing*! and I tried to close the car door while my cousin's leg was still stuck in it. Reminded me of the first lesson of our fellow trainees, Randall. My brother was trying to close the door, but it refused to close properly, so he thought, 'Eh? How come the door can't close?' So he used more force to try to close the door properly, but it refused to close. He was looking at the door hinges to see whether there was anything wrong with it when Randall said softly, "My finger..." and my bro finally realised that Randall's finger had been caught in the door hinge. And the boy didn't even cry out or anything. On questioned why he didn't say anything when his hand hurt, he replied, "I don't know..."

<< Home